About a month and a half ago, one of my and my brother in-laws friends told us that he knew a couple that was moving into our court!
Turns out that he taught the husband while on his mission. And that's where they became good friends and then they moved out here! We introduced ourselves and since then we've been talking and doing things almost every week. They're a cute couple, and they are a lot of fun to have around and we are loving getting to know them.
I have really enjoyed getting to know our new friends especially the wife. She is a super sweet girl! She's from England and has an adorable accent, she is staying at home till she gets a job so when I'm home all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays we've been able to do things and talk. Last week we had lunch and it was so fun to sit and talk and get to know about each other! New friends are so fun!
Other fun things that we are doing...
we're trying to organize a friend get together with another couple in our ward. We found out that we have a fun connection in that our brother (my in-law) and the girl he's dating are their good friends. It's been fun trying to find a night that coordinates with all our schedules, and when it finally does happen(maybe on Friday) I know we're going to have so much fun!
we're going to a musical at hale center theater with my "other" family and I am going to the premier of Twilight with my sisters next week. Both exciting events!
next saturday we leave for thanksgiving vacation in hawaii! I'm excited to go for my first time and to be in hot weather again!
we're expanding our meal selection. Every week I'm trying to make
something we havn't made before. I'm taking from the recipes that we got from our wedding and any suggestions...
I am listening to Christmas music on the radio!
We hope all is well with you and yours! Thanks again for checking in on us!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Emily, I think it is great that you are so proactive at making couple friends. I could learn a lot from you. :)
I am totally jealous that you get to go to Hawaii! I hope you will post lots of pictures and tell us about your adventure!
I love making new friends too! It's so fun to have people to hang out with, not that our husbands are wonderful company.
love you and miss you
Post a Comment