Here are some quotes from "standing for something" that i've liked and wanted to share...
"Love is like the Polar Star. In a changing world, it is a constant. It is something that, when sincere, never moves. It is the very essence of the teachings of Christ. It is the security of the home. It is the safeguard of community life. It is a beacon of hope in a world of distress."
"By and large, if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves. For many years, there was a sign on the wall of a shoe shop I patronized that read, " I complained because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." The most effective medicine for the sickness of self-pity is to lose ourselves in service to others.
The best antidote I know for worry is work. The best cure for weariness is the challenge of helping someone who is even more tired. One of the great ironies of life is this: He or she who serves almost always benefits more than he or she who is served."
I'm only a quarter of the way through so I am sure there will be more to come. I am really enjoying the words of pres. Hinckley, they convey his love and faith and knowledge in a beautiful and uplifting way.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a good book to be reading. I love Pres. Hinckley's thoughts. He had such a good way of putting things.
Hey, I am reading that book also. I think we are probably about the same place. I love having such uplifting things to read. We tried reading a chapter or two for family night.....too long for Hayden and Carter, but maybe they will understand some day. We are excited to see the family at Richard's non homecoming speech. I don't know what to call them anymore! Love you
Em,
I love your background! Hopefully it wasn't too hard to figure out. You are becoming quite the blogger! Watch out, pretty soon you'll be addicted and you will spend way too much time adjusting your blog and reading others.
Post a Comment